Regional Marketing Director – Middle-East and Africa
Voddler is seeking a talented & energetic Regional Marketing Director for its products & customer verticals across the Middle-East and Africa. This Director will leverage his/her technical, analytical, process and strategic marketing skills towards executing high impact regional branding and awareness that will help aggressively build on and grow Voddler’s business in the Middle-East and Africa.
The role requires an individual with strong marketing and branding skills, who can create and evangelize a transformative vision for our solutions across the region; collaborate with and work closely with a strong team of sellers and pre-sales engineers to continue Voddler’s tradition of delivering high-impact value; develop and execute on a comprehensive regional campaign to expand on our message, presence, and value using your industry experience, and create and nurture a vibrant regional partner ecosystem to impact and support indirect regional sales.
This role will have responsibility for defining and executing the regional go-to market strategy for our solutions, driving industry thought leadership for Voddler in this emerging industry, as well as presenting Voddler’s vision to the market. The role requires an individual with strong marketing, branding, and partnering skills. The ideal candidate possesses a blend of marketing, business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality in an emerging market.
• Manage branding & awareness in the regional target markets for Voddler Solutions. Drive understanding of market size and potential, and customer buying behavior. Translate these market requirements into product positioning and messaging;
• Identifying customer and partner needs, strategies and value propositions through market research, segmentation analysis and deep customer/partner relationships
• Own the creation and execution of a go-to-market plan for direct and partner sales in the region.
• Lead the creation of the whole spectrum of sales tools and collateral (PowerPoint presentations, datasheets, white papers, customer case studies, demos, and training materials) to communicate the value proposition of Voddler’s products and solutions to regional customers and partners.
• Develop the sales and channel strategy for specific products and solutions. Analyze the sales cycle and channel mix, and formulate ideas and approaches to optimize the selling process
• Define the overall marketing strategy for the region, across all branding channels.
• Drive the development of core marketing materials including master messaging document, all web site messaging and deliverables, video demos and tutorials, field enablement tools, such as case studies, presentations, white papers, sales kits, field newsletters, Intranet sites, etc.
• Lead the competitive marketing strategy, including prioritizing competitive analyses to identify key Voddler business and technology advantages, reference architectures, and technical guides
• Ensure Voddler maintains a growing lead in industry leadership around Peer-Assisted Streaming Video. Set the agenda for the public debate in a way that showcases Voddler advantage
• Develop and execute an innovative communications strategy using a combination of social media, public/press relations, and analyst relations to reach broadest possible end user audience and influence virally
• Act as a primary company spokesperson for Voddler in front of press, & industry analysts.
• Travel regionally to represent Voddler at industry events, product launches and announcements, and in support of field sales. Must be able and willing to travel throughout the region, as necessary.
• At least 5 years of proven work experience in marketing in the tech industry, with at least 2 years of experience as a marketing director. Experience in the OTT/VOD industry is a big plus.
• Excellent listening, oral and written communication/presentation skills with strong ability to influence people at all levels and in various functions. Fluency in English in both written and verbal forms is required. Fluency in Arabic is a big plus.
• Strong teaming skills and experience to bring together diverse views, startup experience a plus.
• Strong awareness of technology trends. Aptitude to quickly come up to speed on new technology concepts and passion to evangelize a disruptive new technology.
• BA/BS required.
This position is based in Dubai (UAE).
For more information or to be considered, please contact:
Human Resources, Voddler: firstname.lastname@example.org
Based in Stockholm, Sweden, Voddler Group AB is the creator of the next-generation video streaming solution VoddlerNet™, an award-winning peer-assisted video delivery solution. VoddlerNet extends our partners’ streaming solutions globally, delivering an unparalleled viewing experience to any Internet-connected device with stunning quality of service at a fraction of today’s streaming cost. VoddlerNet integrates seamlessly with existing video streaming solutions to unleash their full potential. VoddlerNet has streamed millions of movies from dozens of content owners, including the Hollywood majors, to millions of users worldwide. Find more information on our peer-assisted video solution here.